Sunday, October 3, 2010

Menu Plan

I did the happy dance this weekend when a box from Tropical Traditions arrived on my doorstep! I had some Amazon credits and ordered from Tropical Traditions via Amazon - coconut flour. It is so fine, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it visually from wheat flour. It wasn't in our house half an hour before I was busting out a double batch of Joyful Abode's grain-free pancakes. SO TASTY. I very much recommend! The flapjacks have a great flavor, and a versatile half-pancake half-crepe quality - very flippable (and you'll recall that I tend to mangle flippable breakfast items). Joyful Abode's pancakes could lend themselves very well to wrapping or sandwiching meaty fillings. The leftovers went into the fridge for this morning's breakfast.

Monday:
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, plus bananas for the girls
Lunch - Baked brussels sprouts and chicken breasts
Dinner - Shrimp po'boys, shrimp based loosely on this, and the bun based on the coconut bread recipe here, baked in miniloaf pans

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Boiled eggs, plus grapes for the girls
Lunch - Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
Dinner - Roast chicken, loaded salads

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Gorgonzola spinach omelettes
Lunch - Avocado Ginger smoothie
Dinner - Cheeseburger soup (if it's tasty I'll post details)

Thursday:
Breakfast - Whole milk yoghurt (drizzled with honey for my 3-year-old)
Lunch - Loaded "big ass" salad with leftover roast chicken
Dinner - Miso-glazed salmon adapted Primally (hey, if Melissa McEwen can do it...), stir-fry veggies

Friday:
Breakfast - Banana pancakes (I'll sub baby food - aka banana puree - for some of the milk in Joyful Abode's pancakes recipe, and add a pinch of nutmeg, 'cause I'm a nutmeg freak)
Lunch - Leftover cheeseburger soup
Dinner - Loaded cobb salads (Boiled egg, bacon, veggies, cheese, chopped walnuts, etc. over greens)

Preschool lunch ideas:
Lunch #12: Leftover shrimp or chicken, mozzarella and tomato salad, leftover coconut bread
Lunch #13: Coconut banana custard, veggie crudites with dip, dates
Lunch #14: Nut butter muffins, cheese crisps and guacamole to dip

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...