Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lunchbox #103

So, here's how it went down. Our home's air conditioning failed on Tuesday afternoon - on the very hottest week of the year. The last time we had our air conditioning repaired, it took a couple of weeks to get the necessary part ordered and installed, so we had no idea how long it would be before we'd be blasted with sweet, sweet cold air again. We packed up several days' worth of clothes for ourselves and all of our meat and produce from the fridge (including my husband's packed lunch for today), and headed up to my inlaws' place.

While my husband met up with the AC repairman back at our house this morning, it dawned on me that I still had his packed lunch in my inlaws' fridge. Since it was a king-sized serving of salmon, I divided it between myself and my girls, and added in some pickles, sauerkraut, and sweet potatoes that had all traveled there with us.

Today, my husband's our lunch featured:
  • Wild silverbright salmon
  • Romaine lettuce with parmesan cheese (I gave the cheese to my youngest since I'm dairy free during the July Whole 30)
  • Baby carrots
  • A peach
And yes, today the AC is flowing again. What a blessing!
~

1 comment:

  1. It's a long time since I ate a good peach! That looks like a tasty one :)

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...